Wednesday, August 17, 2011

1 week down.

I know, I know! I haven't been the best at updating this for everyone. For that I apologize BUT in my defense I have been extremely busy getting accustomed to everything. It's not easy going from 2 parents in the house with 2 grandparents to just 1 parent and 2 grandparents, although it sounds like it would be it isn't. The grandparents are really just there in time of need and well basically they are your roommates as well. Not having Blaine around has been a lot harder than I anticipated it to be. Not that I mean that in a bad way but it's just like the old saying of, "You don't realize what you are missing until it's gone." I don't think I realized really how much we relied on each other until it was just me doing it all. And by all I really do mean it all. Not just things with Dillan but taking care of all the bills, living not knowing what will come the next day. It's tough! Blaine is up there doing his part to make sure we have a secured future so it would only be right if I was working just as hard here to do the same. I received his "box" a week ago today. The box for those that don't know is simply a box with his civilian clothing and anything else other than his ID. Most wives/girlfriends/parents who receive this get really upset and granted I had a tear flowing, it was really more of a sign to me that the ball really is rolling. Granted it had been for a few days at that point but the thing is you go through these series of steps that put you closer to the finish line and this was the first step. It was like I could finally put a check mark on something to get the list moving along.  I also received what they call his "form letter". In a nut shell, the form letter is telling you his address and his PIR or graduation date. it's a BIG check mark. The whole time going into this process you are sitting waiting for the date to be given so that you can make arrangements to attend this event and when it comes it's an awesome feeling! Blaine did get the chance to write a few lines to us at the end of it all. He was very formal in his whole thing where as some SR (Sailor Recruits) were addressing it to Mom or Dad and writing funny things. Blaine addressed it to my formal name and kept it very professional with his wording. Asking for tasteful pictures and letters. He of course said he misses and loves everyone. I like that he kept it formal. Some may have taken this as impersonal but not me. It meant to me that he is serious. That he is really staying on task. That's important at this stage and I am so proud that he is able to find this for himself. I am not having to push him anymore. He is just there. He is doing it all on his own and for that all I can say is the love for him just grows deeper and deeper. What a wonderful husband I have!  I wish I had more information for everyone as far as what he is doing but unfortunately I don't. I hope to hear from him very soon but know it will probably be another week. I have been keeping my phone on me at all times. Shower, bathroom, at work...you name it!  You never know when that phone call may come.  Dillan and I have had our rough days but mostly we are doing just fine. Keeping our eyes on the prize and working our hardest to stay strong for him.  The day he left was incredibly hard and the following days were up and down. I still have moments as she does when she gets upset and says that she misses her daddy. She is having trouble sleeping this week and I would imagine that contributes to it. But...we are sticking together and I know he will be proud to hear that as well.  6 more weeks and we will get to see him! Cannot wait!!  I have met a lot of people online that are in his same ship and division (building and squad) so it's good having them to talk to and relate to and we have received an overwhelming amount of calls and messages from people just checking up on us. The support system is key!! I promise once I get more information I will gladly inform everyone but for now my only advice if you would like to know what he may be doing is to get on google and research it because Im honestly not sure.  Thanks for all the love!! Blaine will be so happy to hear that everyone is rooting for all 3 of us!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment